Learning Well with Creative Video Services
Client: Macmillan Education
Project: Learning Well Video Series
Macmillan Education sought to enhance their Learning Well primary course, a British English program designed to take 6-7-year-old students one step further in language learning. This innovative curriculum promotes students’ well-being, confidence, and language skills, with a focus on preparing them for success in exams. To achieve this, Macmillan Education required a series of engaging videos to complement their Wellness Book, nurturing a sense of well-being and inspiring students to speak English with confidence.
Creative Production Requirements:
- Average Video Length: 2 minutes
- Target Audience: 6-7 year olds
- Graphic Style: Motion graphics animation, doodles, time-lapse, modern and appealing to the target audience
- Post Production Services: Chroma keying of raw green screen recordings, dynamic video editing, color correction, and digital compositing of animated environments.
- Inclusive Content: Videos to feature a diverse range of ethnicities and include children with disabilities. Clothing must be modest, and no flags or maps are to be included.
1. Video Editing: Our team of skilled video editors worked diligently to ensure that the video content was engaging, age-appropriate, and aligned with Macmillan Education’s vision for Learning Well. Dynamic video editing techniques were employed to synchronize visuals with music and maintain the interest of young viewers.
2. Motion Graphics Animation: We crafted captivating motion graphics and animations to make the learning experience exciting and visually stimulating for young learners. These elements brought the content to life, making it more engaging and interactive.
3. Inclusive Visuals: Following the client’s request, we ensured a diverse representation of characters in the videos, including children from various backgrounds and abilities. This approach created a more inclusive and relatable learning environment.
4. Digital Composition: We digitally composited animated environments to create immersive and educational settings, further enhancing the learning experience.
5. Audiovisual Material Curation: Our team curated appropriate audio and visual content to complement the videos, ensuring that the material was well-suited for the target audience.
6. Storyboarding and Illustration: Detailed storyboards were created to plan the video content, and custom illustrations were designed to support the learning objectives.
7. Sound Design and SFX: We added sound design and special effects to enhance the overall sensory experience, making the videos more engaging and memorable for young learners.
The videos we produced for Macmillan Education’s Learning Well program have been a resounding success. They have added a new dimension to the curriculum, making language learning a joyful and enriching experience for 6-7-year-olds. The incorporation of diverse characters and an inclusive approach has made the content relatable and engaging for a wide audience. The videos have not only improved language skills but have also contributed to students’ well-being, confidence, and overall success in exams.
At IDC Collective, we take pride in our ability to blend creativity, technology, and inclusivity to transform educational materials. This case study is a testament to our commitment to delivering high-quality creative services that make a positive impact.
Contact IDC Collective for your next creative project and discover the transformative power of creative services.